This website www.lightmicrofinance.com (“Website”) and mobile applications ( Mobilight, LightMoney) are owned and operated by the management of Light Microfinance which expression shall mean and include its affiliates, successors and permitted assigns. Light Microfinance provides services to the Users through the Website and Mobile Applications are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of the Users.
While using this Website or availing the products and services vide the online application forms and questionnaires, Light Microfinance and its affiliates may become privy to the personal information of its Users, including information that is of a confidential nature.
“User(s)” shall mean and include all individuals, companies and private organizations that visit the Website and provide information to Light Microfinance through any of the modes referred to in the clause on “Collection of Information” below.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
During the use of the Website, Light Microfinance may collect and process such information from the Users, including but not limited to the below mentioned:
- Information that the Users provide to Light Microfinance by filling in forms on the Website. This includes contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and financial information if any, unique identifiers such as username, account number, and password and preferences information such as favorites lists and transaction history.
- Information that the Users provide when the Users write directly to Light Microfinance(including by way of e-mail).
- Information that the Users provide to Light Microfinance over the telephone. Light Microfinance may make and keep a record of the information shared by the Users with Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.
- Information that the Users provide to Light Microfinance by completing surveys.
- Information relating to logs is automatically reported by the User’s browser each time the User accesses a web page. When the User uses the Website, Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.’s servers automatically record certain information that the User’s web browser sends whenever the User visits any website. These server logs may include information such as the User’s web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/ exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Light Microfinance uses this information, which does not identify Users, to analyses trends, to administer the Website, to track Users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about the User base. Light Microfinance does not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
Light Microfinance pledges that it shall not sell or rent Users’ personal details to anyone. Light Microfinance will protect every bit of the Users’ business or personal information and maintain the confidentiality of the same. With this seal of trust, Light Microfinance makes its services available to the Users for assessment and analysis that include credit and behavior scoring, market, and product analysis.
Light Microfinance guarantees that it is going to keep all information confidential except in the following cases:
- Light Microfinance may disclose Users’ information to governmental and other statutory bodies who have appropriate authorization to access the same for any specific legal purposes.
- Light Microfinance may disclose Users’ information to its agents under a strict code of confidentiality.
- Light Microfinance may disclose Users’ information to such third parties to whom it transfers its rights and duties under the customer agreement entered with the Users. In such an event, the said third parties’ use of the information will be subject to such confidentiality obligations as contained in this Policy.
- Light Microfinance may disclose Users’ information to any member of its related or group companies including its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as the case may be.
- If Light Microfinance sells or buys any business or assets, it may disclose the Users’ information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. User, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. Light Microfinance may also transfer or assign such information during corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Light Microfinance never will sell or rent personal information of its clients to anyone, at any time, for any reason. Light Microfinance may use the User’s personal information in the following ways, viz:
- Monitor, improve and administer the Website and improve the quality of services.
- Analyses how the Website is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security.
- Remember information to help the User effectively access the Website.
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of views, visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To confirm the User’s identity to determine its eligibility to use the Website and avail of the services.
- To notify the User about changes to the Website.
- To enable LIGHT MICROFINANCE to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations.
- To help the User apply for certain products and services.
- For the purpose of sending administrative notices, service-related alerts, and other similar communication with a view to optimizing the efficiency of the Website.
- Doing market research, troubleshooting, protection against error, project planning, fraud, and other criminal activity.
Access to personal information is strictly restricted and shared in accordance with certain specific internal procedures and safeguards that govern access. Certain features of the Website are available for use without any need to provide details. Other features of the Website may require Users to provide details including but not limited to the User’s name, address, mobile number, email address, PAN No., employment & income details.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Light Microfinance takes the security of its user’s information very seriously. Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd. protects the User’s data using Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. This creates an encrypted connection between the User’s browser and Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.’s servers. All information always remains encrypted. If the User allows Light Microfinance to see its banking information online rather than in paper form, it is on a read–only basis. LIGHT MICROFINANCE does not have access to change, edit, or modify bank account information in any manner whatsoever. Light Microfinance employees cannot view the User’s banking username and passwords, and the same is securely stored in separate encrypted areas with its financial services providers.
All information provided to LIGHT MICROFINANCE is stored on its secure servers whether within India.
LIGHT MICROFINANCE uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the Users’ information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment.
The information that is collected from the Users may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside or outside India. By submitting information on the Website, the Users agree to this transfer, storing and/ or processing. Light Microfinance will take such steps as it considers reasonably necessary to ensure that the Users’ information is treated securely and in accordance with the Policy.
In using the Website, the Users accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, the use of the Website will be at the own risk of the Users.
Light Microfinance assumes no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond its reasonable control and the User agrees not to hold Light Microfinance responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused as a direct result of gross negligence or willful default by Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.
In the event Light Microfinance becomes aware of any breach of the security of the Users’ information, it will promptly notify the Users and take appropriate action to the best of its ability to remedy such a breach.
This Policy does not apply to any information other than information collected by LIGHT MICROFINANCE through the Website including such information collected in accordance with the clause on “Collection of Information” above. This Policy shall not apply to any unsolicited information provided by the Users through this Website or through any other means. This includes, but is not limited to, information posted to any public areas of the Website. All such unsolicited information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Light Microfinance shall be free to use, disclose such unsolicited information without limitation.
Light Microfinance collects certain information from the User’s browser using small data files called “cookies.” LIGHT MICROFINANCE uses session ID cookies to confirm that customers are logged in. This type of cookie helps Light Microfinance recognize a customer if he or she visits multiple pages on the Website during the same session, so that separate passwords are not required to access each page. These cookies terminate once the customer closes the browser. By default, LIGHT MICROFINANCE uses a persistent cookie that stores customer login ID (but not password) to make it easier for the customer to login when returning to the Website. Light Microfinance encodes its cookies so that only Light Microfinance can interpret the information stored in them. The User may remove or block this cookie using the User’s browser settings to disable the feature.
Light Microfinance also stores transaction history. LIGHT MICROFINANCE may collect additional information in ways not specifically described herein. For example, Light Microfinance may track information related to interactions with customer service or responses from surveys or other feedback tools. Light Microfinance uses this information to continually improve the service provided to the customers.
The web pages of the Website contain electronic images known as “web beacons” (sometimes called single–pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyses how the Website is used. Web beacons may also be used in some of Light Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.’s emails to know which emails and links recipients have opened, allowing it to gauge the effectiveness of its customer communications and marketing campaigns.
If the User wishes to introduce Light Microfinance/ the Website to any other person / entity, the User will be asked to provide such person / entity’s name and email address. Light Microfinance will automatically send such person/entity an email inviting it or to visit the Website. LIGHT MICROFINANCE stores this information for the purpose of sending this email and keeping a record of the number of persons / entities so referred by the Users. Light Microfinance may send additional emails to the said person / entity in connection with services offered by LIGHT MICROFINANCE. Such person / entity may contact Light Microfinance firstname.lastname@example.org to request that this information be removed from Light Microfinance database.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
OPTING OUT OR EDITING CUSTOMER INFORMATION
To opt out of email correspondence from LIGHT MICROFINANCE or make a change to (or delete) the User information stored in Light Microfinance records, please contact Light Microfinance at email@example.com.
The User may write to Light Microfinance at, firstname.lastname@example.org
LIGHT MICROFINANCE will respond to the User’s request within 10 days.
User information will be retained for as long as the User account is active or as needed to provide services to the User. If the User wishes to cancel its account or requests that Light Microfinance no longer uses its information to provide services, the User may contact Light Microfinance email@example.com. Light Microfinance will retain and use User information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements or for other business purposes.
Light Microfinance has made every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy.
The rights and remedies available under this Policy may be exercised as often as necessary and are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law. It may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non–exercise of any such right or remedy does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy, or any other right or remedy.
GOVERNING LAW OR DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India and subject to the provisions of arbitration set out herein, the courts at Ahmedabad shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
If any dispute arises between Light Microfinance and the User in connection with or arising out of the validity, interpretation, implementation, or alleged breach of any provision of the Policy, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause.
There shall be one (1) arbitrator as appointed by Light Microfinance and the seat of the arbitration shall be Ahmedabad, India.
The language of the arbitration proceedings and of all written decisions and correspondence relating to the arbitration shall be English.
Light Microfinance makes no representation that the content contained on the Website is appropriate or to be used or accessed outside of the Republic of India. If the Users use or access the Website from outside the Republic of India, they do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of such jurisdiction.